Hand-made cigars of Nicaragua:

Casa Mombacho, a hand-made boutique cigar shop, has a location on main street (Calle La Calzada), of Granada. A Canadian man from Toronto owns the factory.

As I walked by the shop, a friendly man at the front door step of Casa Mombacho offered me a free tour of the boutique. Spontaneously, I accepted his invitation. Smiles open doors don't they!

Although I do not smoke, I found the process fascinating! So, I asked if I could take some photos. The tour guide gave me permission to take the photos shown below.

The most important lesson I learned was the tremendous amount of skill and knowledge required to make a high-end cigar. Francisco, the young Nicaraguan worker in the portraits, has been rolling cigars for 19 years! He works so hard. He never stops. Although smoking damages health, I still intuitively found his dedication an amazing testament to the dignity of his work!



Francisco tests the 'draw' of a cigar he rolled.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road trip on Tanzania's TanRoad A7

Drastic down grade of social well being in Forest communities of the Republic of Karelia (RK), Russia

My Safari to see the earliest human art of East Africa!